Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Random Things About Me- #6

After some deep thought, I've decided to share this with you.....

Spaghetti is my ALL TIME favorite food!


Over the years some other foods have made their way to my list of favorites and have included Swiss Cheese, Steak, Fried Mushrooms, shrimp, homegrown tomatoes and crab legs. But the one food that remains constant and has topped my list since childhood is good ole homemade SPAGHETTI. I guess it must be that Italian blood that runs thru my veins. Nothing like a plate of slippery noodles covered with tomato sauce.....Speaking of slippery noodles this story just popped in my head.
When I was a child around 9 or 10, my parents had just bought new furniture for our family room and we were not allowed to eat in there. So I begged mom to please let me eat on the new furniture so I could watch TV while I ate. I promised I would be careful and not spill anything, especially not the plate of spaghetti I was about to devour. She finally conceded and told me I better not get anything on the furniture. Famous last words..... can you guess what happened and where that plate of SLIPPERY NOODLES wound up? I'll let your imagination finish the story. I'll add this..... I was in BIG BIG TROUBLE!!!

1 comment:

vgrey said...

Mom obviously didn't learn her lesson because I spilled a plate of spaghetti on the rug of the same room when I was about 9 or 10.