Monday, September 28, 2009

Chicken Pockets

A couple of weeks ago a co-worker shared with me a Church Cookbook from her sister's church in Idaho. In it was this recipe for Chicken Pockets. I copied it down and put it aside with my kazillion others I have at home. This past weekend I was in dire need of something new for dinner and decided to give these a try.... of course I had to play around with it and as it turned out... they were pretty darn good.

3 to 4 chicken breasts, cooked and diced or shredded
4 oz. Cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp. chopped onion (Or grate it if you wish)
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
½ tsp. onion powder
½ tsp. garlic powder
2 cans Pillsbury refrigerated crescent rolls
¼ cup butter, melted

Soften cream cheese in a medium bowl, combine with cooked chicken, onion, cheese and seasoning. Open cans of crescents, pinch perforated edges together to seal the dough. In the center of each rectangle, spoon about 1/8 of chicken mixture. Fold over each side of the dough rectangle to form a pillow shape. Pinch both ends closed. Brush melted butter over each chicken pocket. Place on baking sheet. Bake 375 for 11 to 13 minutes.

No comments: