Friday, July 9, 2010

Cheesy Spicy Rice

I love rice. I think I love it best as a main course which is probably why when I fix this I eat the whole pan.


1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced green pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (15 oz ) can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 tablespoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 to 3 dashes hot sauce
1 regular size boil n bag rice- cooked
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Parmesan cheese to taste

Saute green pepper and onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil until tender, add tomatoes and next 5 ingredients. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Add rice and mix well. Let simmer for about a minute. Remove from heat and add cheddar cheese, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Note: Play around with the spices. You may find that more is better. Also I sometimes add a few shakes of red pepper flakes.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I love rice too, especially if it's covered in cheddar. Seriously, is anything with cheese ever bad?

sharon said...

I agree, cheese makes everything better. The best comfort food I know.

Merut said...

Mmmm cheesy rice sounds really good about now.

Simply Life said...

oh that sounds delicious!

Alisa said...

It sounds so good.I saw your blog from the foodie blog roll and I like what you have here.if you won't mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to this post.Just add the foodista widget to the end of this post and it's all set, Thanks!