Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Heinz 57 Casserole

I found this recipe years ago in a magazine or on the bottle of Heinz 57 Sauce. I used to make it on a regular basis but then as things happen....time went by and I forgot how to make it. So I thought surely I could find the recipe online but after hours of searching for it I gave up. One day about a year ago I was browsing thru one of my few cookbooks ( please sense sarcasm here) and there it was. YAY!


1 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
! Tbsp. oil
2 cups hot water
1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
1/4 cup Heinz 57 Sauce
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
dash pepper
4 oz. uncooked elbow macaroni, (about 1 cup)

Brown ground beef and onion in oil. Drain off excess fat. Stir in water and next 5 ingredients. Add macaroni, mix well. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until macaroni is tender.

No comments: