Monday, June 21, 2010

Some good ole baked beans

I've never really followed a recipe when I make baked beans, I just open a can of pork and beans and add a little of this and a little of that.... and they are never anything to write home about. So, I thought outside the box and found a recipe..... what a difference a written recipe makes. (Recipe courtesy of The Shiloh United Methodist Church's Country Cookbook)

Hearty Baked Beans

1 cup chopped onion
1 Tbsp. mustard
1/4 tsp. salt
2 (No. 2) cans pork and beans
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup drained tomatoes (I used the petite diced tomatoes)
3 to 6 slices bacon

Mix all ingredients, pour into a greased casserole. Bake in 300 degree oven for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.

And you know the rest..... beans, beans, good for the heart..... beans, beans...... lol

No comments: