Tuesday, January 6, 2009

In Loving Memory

Jewel Delores Carden Womack


Sunrise

May 21, 1931


Sunset

December 29, 2008


Billy Head and I are experiencing the saddest part of life, the loss of a parent. His precious mother went home to her Heavenly Father last Monday and there are no words to describe the loss.


At her memorial service, Billy Head read the following which I would like to share:

"It would be impossible to describe my mother and all she means to me in these few short minutes we are gathered this afternoon." So I will say this about my mom....


She was a Jewel..... my Jewel. She was a precious gift to our family. She was full of love, acceptance, kindess and most importantly faith. She endured much pain and loss in her life and through it all, she kept her faith. She was my Holy Poly Rolly.


Mom had a kind and gentle spirit which made her a likable little soul. She knew how to laugh and have fun. After all, she had me for a son. I often showed her my love and affection by picking on her. She would just laugh and play along. Don't get me wrong.... she had her limits. When I heard "Alan Dean" I knew exactly what that meant. It was time for me to stop but I would just laugh and keep it coming.


One of mom's favorite things was riding in the car and listening to music. She was the perfect date. She never got car sick, she never said "turn the music down", she never wanted to know where we were going and she never uttered the words "Are we there yet?" If you rode with us you would either gasp or laugh at some of the music I tortured her with. She was a good sport and never complained. Occasionally she would ask if she could hear some of her beloved Elvis.


I am grateful for the time I had to be available with her. I miss and love her deeply."

No comments: