Monday, November 10, 2008

Oh to be 26 again...


I can remember years ago a lady I used to work for commenting on the fact that her oldest daughter had just turned 40 and I made the comment that 40 seemed so old. I was a spring chicken at the time, only in my 30's and at that point in my life 40 did seem old. Of course this wise lady replied "wait till you're the mother of a 40 year old". Now there was something to think about. I'm not quite there yet but my eldest did turn 26 on Saturday. YIKES.



She'll be forty before I know it......and then I will be that mother of a 40 year old. Give me a minute ....

Just kidding, getting old isn't that bad and most days I appreciate the maturity and wisdom that comes along with it. Other days I agree with Billy Head that getting old sucks. It just depends on how many aches and pains I'm having as to my feeling on the subject.

Back to my daughter's birthday.




We celebrated her special day at our house with a birthday lunch consisting of some her favorites; chicken tettrazini, broccoli casserole, salad, garlic bread and store bought birthday cake. One lesson I've learned from her, ALWAYS have birthday cake or she will POUT and NEVER let you forget it.

The little Billy's gave her the present I had wrapped for them to give their mom and they watched as she opened it


and then Little Billy #2 asked, "Nana where is her other presents?" I told him there were no more presents and when you get big you only get one present. From the look on his face you would've thought I just told him there was no Santa Claus.
And that Billy in the background is my dad.

I think he likes birthdays too... especially birthday food.


And this billy head, well who knows what he likes....He's just strange.


No comments: