Friday, October 17, 2008

Ahhh the weekend

At long last it is Friday. YEAH!!!

I have a list a mile long of things I want to get done but something tells me it won't happen. Especially since Billy Head is Billy Head and won't do anything until the mood strikes him. So I guess I can forget having my new light fixture installed or buying and installing the new ceiling fan or cleaning out the fireplace or unclogging the sink or anything that would be classified as productive.

So that leaves....the fun stuff, vacuuming, dusting, laundry, grocery shopping and oh yeah cooking. What happened to rest and relaxation. Two days just don't a weekend make. Agree?


I think Obama and McCain should come up with a economic plan that changes the work week as we know it. I think there should be a two day work week and a 5 day weekend. Put that in place and they have my vote. And yes, I approved this message.


Anyway, I am hoping to at least do one week of my October themed planned meals. I had good intentions when I came up with my clever idea but LIFE HAPPENS and suddenly my good intended plans changed. So here is my scheduled menus for the upcoming week.



Soupy Saturday- Brunswick Stew (I wanted to try a new soup recipe but Billy Head informed me that I needed to make stew again cause it was so good last time)

Super-Bowl Sunday- spinach pizzas, bacon- wrapped jalepeno thingies, and sausage balls

Meatless Monday- veggie stir-fry

Tex-Mex Tuesday- Chili and cornbread

Worldy Wedneday- Cantonese Chicken Salad

Thirty Minute Thursday- will have to skip because we have our staff appreciation dinner tonight


Fishy Friday- Still undecided. Fish is fishy and I can't think at the moment.

Anyhoo, that's my tenative plan and it will do unless I play my woman card and change my mind. I am WOMAN hear me roar.

No comments: