Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Green Pea Casserole

I take this casserole to many potlucks and it never fails I end up writing the recipe down for someone. Usually on the back of napkin. I love it when I'm asked for a recipe. I've never understood why some people just refuse to share their recipes. To me it is the ultimate compliment.


Green Pea Casserole

1 can tiny peas, drained
1 can water chestnuts, sliced
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 small onion
3/4 stick margarine
2 Tbsp. green peppers, chopped
1 cup diced celery
1 small jar diced pimientos, drained

Melt butter in heavy skillet. Add onion, green pepper and celery. Sauté over medium heat till soft. Add peas and water chestnuts. Fold in pimientos. Arrange one layer of this in 2 qt. casserole dish. Top with a layer of undiluted soup. Repeat layers. Bake at 350 degrees until hot and bubbly

No comments: