Thursday, July 31, 2008

Turkey Tettrazini

This was a recipe my mom used to make when I was growing up. When I asked her for the recipe she said "I don't know, you just add some milk, flour and butter". That was pretty much all I got from her. Sorry mom but I need amounts. I finally got the written recipe from an aunt and here it is.


1 cup mushrooms (chopped)
3 Tbs. butter
2 Tbs. flour
1 1/2 cups half and half
1 cup turkey
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. celery seed
1 cup spaghetti noodles, cooked and drained
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Sauté mushrooms in butter, add flour and stir. Add cream till thick. Fold in other ingredients. Mix well and transfer to a large baking dish. Top with grated cheese and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

1 comment:

vgrey said...

Mom did the same thing to me. It wasn't until Aunt Peggy came along with a written version that I could make it.