Monday, July 28, 2008

Billy Head





This is Billy Head. Alan was the name he was given at birth but over the years he has come to answer to many other names. Billy Head is the one that is most becoming. He is the ring leader of the Billy Cult. You ask, "what is a Billy"?. Good question. A Billy is a person, animal or other living thing that crosses this mans path. Once that happens you are tagged for life. He has his own name for everyone and most of them start with Billy. Let's see, there is Billy Dean( who is his son), Billy Jibble who are too many to count, Billy Ass (which is me most of the time) and Little Billy's ( who are our grandkids). In a nutshell, a billy is an equilivant to "turkey", "goober", "punk" or whatever slang name you call someone you like.

Billy Head is the love of my life and the pain in my butt too. Just kidding, he is a wonderful man 99% of the time and I love him dearly.


We met six years ago at work and our relationship start was pretty unusual. I was just recovering from a soured relationship and he was just starting work at the company where we both currently work. I am the administrative assistant/HR person and I had met with him and completed his paper work and thought nothing of it. In other words nothing floated my boat. He on the other hand must have had his boat a floatin'. He asked the girls in the accounting office what was up with me. One told him that I was just getting over a relationship and probably wouldn't be interested. So the story ends. NOT!
Alan came to work in January and on Valentine's Day I received flowers at work from a secret admirer. Co-workers commented on who they thought the flowers were from and the girl from accounting said "Do you think Alan sent them?" I said "Alan?" " Alan who? "

She then let the cat out of the bag that he had asked about me a month earlier and told her not to tell me. Well now that I knew this, strange things started happening. Every time I saw him at work I got this nervous school-girl feeling and started thinking hmmm....this is weird. I was convinced I was finished with men.

March rolls around and Alan has an accident at work and has to be taken to the hospital. I found myself horribly upset that something had happened to him. As it worked out, a co-worker brought him back to work after leaving the hospital. Management decided he shouldn't drive home and I wasn't busy so I volunteered to drive him home. And I thought, what the heck the company pays for mileage anyway. I had all kinds of justifications on why I did this. But the truth be known, I WANTED TO and he was in need of some TLC.
The ride to his house was somewhat awkward because I get nervous driving when a guy is in the car with me. Call me silly!! That ride turned out to be the beginning of a wonderful relationship that is six years strong and growing.


P.S. I still have no idea who sent me the flowers. It wasn't Billy Head!











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That pic of allen playing football brings back memories.