Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Beach Shrimp

This recipe came from Southern Living and I've fixed it a few times. It's a quick and easy way to fix shrimp. I haven't fixed it lately due to the fact that I have boycotted shrimp from overseas. After watching the news report about the nastiness of seafood shipped here from places like China and Thailand I sort of lost my appetite for seafood. However, I was in Kroger this past weekend and guess what I found. Shrimp from the US of A. Halleluiah. I can eat seafood again.


3 pounds unpeeled, large raw shrimp
1 (16 oz) bottle Italian dressing
1 1/2 tablespoons freshly ground pepper
2 garlic cloves, pressed
2 lemons, halved
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup butter, cut up


Place first 4 ingredients in a 13x9 inch baking dish, tossing to coat. Squeeze juice from lemons over shrimp mixture, and stir. Add lemon halves to pan. Sprinkle evenly with parsley, dot with butter. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes.

*3 lb. Frozen peeled, large raw shrimp, thawed according to package directions, may be substituted.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

No comments: