Monday, August 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Granny


Meet my Granny who turned 93 on Saturday. My dad and I went to visit her and of course I couldn't resist pulling out my camera to capture the moment. I tried my best to get a smile from her but I think she just wanted to stare at me.





I think the camera finally sparked an interest and she told me to come here. This was the look I got for the second shot. She can be a little stubborn when she wants. She wasn't going to smile and that was final.




My Granny suffers from dementia and on most days doesn't know her family. She is mom to five children, granny to ten, great-granny to eighteen and great great-granny to five. My daughter was the first great-grandchild to make her a great great-granny and therefore we were blessed with five, yes five generations. (I was a child bride you know).

This picture is of the five generations.


No comments: