Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ready for school

This little girl will be starting Kindergarten on Friday. I can't believe it. Just yesterday I was watching her take her first steps. And the day before that I was watching her mom take her first steps.


In case you've never gotten a little girl ready for back to school you've missed out on a very special event. Last year when she was a little girl she liked Dora the Explorer and she had to have Dora on her lunch box and backpack. This year she is too old for Dora so guess who she likes now.

Hmmmm.....Hard guess wasn't it?

So the shopping begins. Hannah Montana backpack, lunch box, pencils, folders and shoes if we can find some to fit. Oh, the joys of being a girl.

You can't just have Hannah Montana stuff. You have to have cool hair to go with it. Don't you know anything? So it's a cool new hair cut for her too. She is way too grown up to be only 4.

I went to visit them the other night and she had to show me her new poster in her room. Not only did I see a poster but I watched my 4 year old granddaughter kiss the poster repeatly on the lips of Nick Jonas. Oh my gosh!!! I can remember doing it too but I hope I was older than 4. I'm trying to think who I kissed on the wall in my room, it must have been Donnie Osmond or who was the guy from the Partridge Family? David Cassady? or was it Brad Pitt. Oh wait, that was last week. That I remember.

Anyway, back to the subject of school preparation. Little Billy #1 went to the open house at her new school last night and met her teacher. She was excited and also glad to see her little friend Noah is in her class. Hopefully that won't turn into a bad thing. Let's hope they behave.

No comments: