Friday, August 15, 2008

My Billy Parent's

In case you've taken time to look thru some or all of my posts I'm sure you will see that I love family photos. These two people are my parents, Eva Grey and Carlton. They are the best! Of course Billy Head says they are Billy's and they are but he has also named my mother Evil Grey. Which is funny, because that is what I called her when I was in high school. I thought she was the meanest mother in the world. Little did I know, parenting is a tough job. And that is putting it lightly. I am so glad my children are past those grueling years. I love them dearly but oh those teenage years. I would have sold them to the traveling circus for a nickel but they were full. I guess other parent's had the same idea.

I know I caused my parents many a sleepless night breaking curfew, backtalking, skipping school, hanging out with some very undesirable characters and some other things that don't deserve mentioning. Thankfully I did grow out of that stage and become a responsible adult. Most days. So if you're the parent of a teenager, take heart. This too shall pass. Keep your chin up and put the circus number on speed dial.

No comments: