Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Italian Sausage Soup

Now that my stomach is back to normal I can resume my favorite activity, thinking about food. Since autumn is approaching soups come to mind and this is one my sister shared with me. I think she found it online at Allrecipes. I entered this recipe in a local contest a couple of years ago and won. Thanks Sis! And being the wonderful sister that I am, I didn't share my winnings with her or credit her with finding the recipe. So I'll redeem myself now. MY SISTER FOUND THIS RECIPE AND IT IS REALLY GOOD!


Italian Sausage Soup

1 lb. Italian Sausage
1 clove garlic, minced
2 (14 oz.) cans beef broth
1 (14.5 oz) can tomatoes
1 cup sliced carrots
1 (14.5 oz.) can Great Northern beans, undrained
2 small zucchini, sliced
2 cups spinach, packed, rinsed and torn
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt

In a stockpot or Dutch oven, brown sausage with garlic. Stir in broth, tomatoes and carrots, and season with salt & pepper. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in beans with liquid and zucchini. Cover and simmer another 15 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Remove from heat, add spinach. Replace lid allowing the heat from the soup to cook the spinach leaves. Soup is ready to serve after 5 minutes

No comments: