Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Chile Con Queso, Revved Up

Ree, the Pioneer Woman has become my new best friend (she just doesn't know me yet) and she has the coolest site on the web, http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/. She is multi-talented and boy can she cook. I call her my cowboy girl. Billy Head gets sick of me talking about her and her website. But yet he doesn't mind eating the tasty foods I've fixed thanks to her. Not to long ago we went to a friend's birthday party and I took "Spanish" Green Beans which I found on her website. One of Billy Head's friends loved them and asked him about them. I overheard Billy Head trying to explain where I found the recipe and he finally gave up and asked "What's that website you talk about with the cowboy's"? I guess he really does listen to me sometimes.

Anyway those green beans earned me the title "The Green Bean Lady".


On to the subject at hand. Chili Con Queso, Revved Up. This is another of her recipes that I haven't tried yet but will in the very near future. Go ahead beat me to it. I dare you!


Chile Con Queso, Revved Up
2 lb package Velveeta Cheese
1 lb package Hot Breakfast Sausage (Jimmy Dean, Potter’s, etc.)
½ large onion
1 regular can Rotel (either Regular or Extra Hot, according to preference)
1 7-oz can diced green chilies
1 to 3 finely diced jalapeno peppers, according to preference. (If you like things more spicy,
leave the seeds and white membranes.)
Chop the onion and brown with the breakfast sausage. Drain excess fat so you won’t have a
coronary. Cut Velveeta into cubes and add to warm skillet. Add Rotel and green chilies, and stir
together over low heat until mixture is melted. Add finely diced jalapenos, stir together, and serve
warm with tortilla chips. During serving, Queso needs to be kept warm, either in a fondue pot,
chafing dish, or Crock Pot.
Queso can be frozen flat in Ziploc bags and reheated.

No comments: