Thursday, September 18, 2008

Switch-a-roo


Riding bikes is the highlight of time spent at Nana's house. These two little Billys decided to shake things up a bit the other night and switch bikes. It worked out ok for Little Billy #1 cause she is older and wiser and more experienced. It was a downgrade for her but Little Billy #2......

Well, he had issues.




First he was riding a pink bike (please don't tell Billy Head, he would turn me in for child abuse)
and second his legs weren't quite long enough to reach the pedals. Challenges aside, he was determined to ride Sissy's bike. I helped him over the hump in the sidewalk and made sure he was steady. I told him to be careful on the hump and he returned my words to his Big Sissy. "Sissy, you be careful right here" I thought that was very sweet coming from the little brother who bites her, hits her, pulls her hair and most upsetting, tears up her Jonas Brother's posters.

I never had a little brother but always wanted one. After raising a little boy and now watching this little guy, what was I thinking? Boys can be downright devilish at times, not to mention gross and rude and nasty and well, you get the picture. I'm glad I had a sister. Although I wasn't quite sure I wanted her some days. She was born when I was 8 so there is a big age difference between us and that meant when I was 16 she was a bratty 8. It really sucked when I got my drivers license. Mom made me drive her places and if I wanted to go somewhere I couldn't go unless she tagged along. That was cruel and unusual punishment if I've ever seen it. She still laughs about it today but it certainly wasn't funny then. You know, teenagers would rather eat nails than be seen with a bratty sister. I love you sis. You're not bratty anymore. Thank heavens and thank heavens there weren't two of you. I would've died having two tag alongs.

No comments: