Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Dreaded Green Cookbook

Many moons ago when my kids were little and before the internet took over my life, I used to collect recipes from magazines and write them in this little green book. It became known as the dreaded green cookbook. As you can probably guess my children didn't like change and they didn't like new recipes either. Everytime I tried a recipe from this little book they immediately said yuck. I got to thinking about my little green source of torture yesterday and managed to locate it amongst my expanding collection of cookbooks. As I was browsing thru it's stained and musty pages many memories came back. I can still see the soured expressions and hear the "Awww mom, not the green recipe book tonight." There is one recipe I found in it that actually pleased them both, only because it involved chocolate. So according to my kids, here is the only good thing that ever came from my little cookbook. My Kids.... What billy's!

Hot Fudge Sauce

1 ( 6 oz) package chocolate chips
2 tablespoons butter
1 (19 oz) can Eagle Brand milk
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In heavy saucepan, over medium heat melt chips and butter with Eagle Brand milk, water and vanilla. Cook and stir constantly until thick(about 5 minutes). Serve warm over ice cream.







My picky eaters back in the day.

No comments: